Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Film Figures- What Kinds of Movies Do You Have?

 So, I was bored last night. My internet wasn't working for the umpteenth time this month and there were no decent films coming from the glass and plastic box at the end of my room. I could have read but unfortunately I'm saving the two new books I got last week for Laos. 

Eventually, I decided to plug in my external and scan my movie archive for a film I haven't seen in a while.

As I browsed through my collection of 43 flicks, I started to take note of the variety of movies I had and some interesting patterns in the types of films I own started to emerge. 

In the end, I decided to make list and these are some of the more interesting figures from my film collection.


1- Number of unplanned pregnancy films (2 Knocked Up, Juno)

2-
Number of political/social commentary movies set primarily in Africa (3 The Last King of Scotland, Blood Diamond, Lord of War)

 

3- Number of films starring Leonardo Dicaprio (4 Titanic, Blood Diamond,  Inception, Catch Me if You Can) 

 

4- Number of Wachowski Brother Films (2 V for Vendetta, The Matrix) 

 

5- Number of films dealing with transatlantic slavery (2 Amistad, Amazing Grace) 

 

6- Number of Post-Apocalypic Sci-Fi films (4 V for Vendetta, The Matrix, Wall-E, the Book of Eli) 

 

7- Number of films where discontent American office workers get back at society to deal with feelings of frustration and mediocrity (2 Fight Club, Office Space) 

 

8- Number of films dealing with Middle Eastern issues (7 Argo, Baba Aziz, Waltz with Bashir, Lawrence of Arabia, Zero Dark Thirty, Kingdom of Heaven, Cairo Time)


9- Number of Pixar films (3 Finding Nemo, Wall-E, Up)


10- Number of Disney Renaissance films (4 Mulan, Lion King, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin) 


11- Number of British rom-coms featuring Hugh Grant (3 Love Actually, About a Boy, Notting Hill)


12- Number of films starring Kate Winslet (2 Titanic, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind)


13-
Number of films starring Tom Hanks (3 Catch Me if You Can, Saving Private Ryan, Cast Away)

No comments:

Post a Comment